Amazing Facts about National Lottery UK
National Lottery UK is a state franchise of national lottery in UK and the Isle of Man. It is operated by Camelot Group licensed company since 1994. It is regulated by the National Lottery Commission and was established by the government of John Major in the year 1994.
History of the National Lottery
In 1698, most England lotteries were considered illegal but later liberalized in 1956 and 1976 under the 1934 act that permitted to legalize all small lotteries. Then, it became one of UK state franchises where the National Lottery arose in 1994. Most tickets were available on the Isle of Man in 1999. In 2002, National Lottery took major rebranding programs that are designed to combat the fall of sales, and the game has been renamed Lotto. Later on, it became Lotto Extra that is considered one of the most popular gambling games in the UK. In 2009, they replaced their old Lotto draw machines and introduced new games such as Thunderball followed by other games people surely enjoyed.
Varieties of National Lottery Games to Choose
As time goes by, there are substantial changes that took place that is based in the lottery system. Many have experienced the growth and development in the market. Therefore, if you are a lottery fan, there are lots of games to choose from and play. Some of them are the following:
- It is the first UK popular lottery game wherein the players need to pick six numbers from 1 to 59.
- Lotto Millionaire Raffle. It will guarantee you to give the top tier of prizes in every draw.
- EuroMillions. It is one of the biggest lotteries all over the world wherein it is played in nine European countries every Tuesday and Friday.
- Millionaire Maker. It is a kind of supplementary game where the players can automatically purchase the EuroMillions ticket that consists of three letters and six digits.
- Health Lottery. It is drawn three times a week and offers six tiers of prizes.
- Thunderball. You select five numbers from 1 to 39 and one from 1 to 14 to match the six numbers drawn.
- Postcode Lottery. It gives you a chance to win different prizes by just simply subscribing in different postcodes that are drawn every day.
- Hot Picks. It is played every Wednesday and Saturday and requires numbers that will match from 1 to 59.
- Irish Lotto. You need to select six numbers from 1 to 45.
- Free Lottery. This game offers you a big chance of winning. You select six numbers from the range of 1 to 75 and win life-changing prizes.
The eligibility of playing UK national lottery requires players to be sixteen years old and above. The tickets should be purchased from approved premises only in the United Kingdom or from an online store. However, online purchasing from National Lottery websites is mostly restricted to those who have UK bank account and resident of the Isle of Man as well as the UK or those who are presently in the UK and the Isle of Man. The purchaser of the tickets must meet the eligibility criteria and must be 16 years of age or above. Most lottery tickets are not transferable. Due to this, it cannot be duplicated and commercial syndicate is strictly prohibited.
Importance of National Lottery in Society
National Lottery has been established to raise some money for different local charities. It is one of the best organizations that earned a good reputation in the industry. They also got the most generous gaming provider across the globe. Camelot operates it and it is the only lottery that contributes much in the society. The lottery operates for a good cause. They also distribute their funds through 13 varieties of groups that are associated in different types of sectors such as UK Sport and Olympic Lottery Distributor, Heritage Lottery Fund, British Film Institute and The Arts Council.
Pros and Cons of National Lottery
Playing the national lotto can provide you with some national lottery jackpot that can help you gain the amount of money you are dreaming of. However, even though this gambling can offer you great prizes, there is also a tendency that you will lose most games. National Lottery UK from other country can provide you with some advantages as well as disadvantages.
Here are some of the pros the UK National Lottery can offer you:
- You will be provided with a big chance of winning and earning an interest
- It is an exciting investment
- Most prizes are tax-free
- Your capital will be retained
- You will have a secure capital
- Provides funds to some charitable institutions
Here are the cons that the National Lottery can bring you:
- You will spent money buying national lottery tickets online
- It does not pay the tax to the government
- It brings poor interest
- It fuels crime
- Becomes an illness in the society
The national lottery ticket is one of the biggest sources of income in Europe wherein it brings millions of money every day. Even though playing a lottery is considered gambling, it can still give some hope for those people who want to gain a big amount of money. There are also good things it can provide. Not only the player will benefit from it but even the entire society as well. Those negative issues about lottery depend on players and how they handle themselves. As a lottery player, you should know your responsibility and limitations to make you become a good player of the National Lottery UK.